Elements of Training
Our Revenue Assurance training events feature exclusive presentations and real-world examples of procedures, solutions, and strategies that have effectively reduced leakage and maximized profits for telcos around the world
- Depth of knowledge: The topics are "narrow and deep" rather than broad and vague, presenting you with focused information.
- Masters Certification: GRAPA's highest and most prestigious certification attained after completing a rigorous training program.
- Tailored content: Training is adjusted to meet the needs of the students. Students are asked to fill out "GRAPA Benchmark Surveys" to determine placement. The principles we teach are also applied to cable, satellite, wireless voice, SMS, MMS, IPTV, and MMDS.
- Relevancy: Class materials are based on our industry approved standards.
- Based on real-world situations: The majority of the training is experience-based "standard practices" in revenue assurance and fraud protection.
- Interactive: The workshops are more than lecture sessions. Students are expected engage in a dialouge between facutlty and fellow students.
- Professional development: Students master vocabulary needed for professional opportunities in the telecoms industry
Revenue Assurance Academy Pedagogy
The Revenue Assurance Academy understands that different students learn better in different environments. For this reason we have added classifications to our training programs to help students find which course is best suited for them. Check back soon for more information on our Pedagogy and Methods.
- The Socratic Method vs. an Aristotelian Approach
- An Emergenetic Approach