Win At the Telco Money Game
Ensure Profit with New Product Development
The Product Assurance Hammer-Head Program:
Product development at the speed of light, rapid-fire promotion schedules, and price plans that change as often as customers change their minds: this is the nature of the telecommunications industry today. In the modern telecom, the ability to imagine, engineer, and launch radical new ideas, concepts, and promotions is not the exception; it is the requirement. The challenge faced by marketers, product developers, and pricing specialists is that this kind of continuous change and radical innovation brings with it a LOT OF RISK.
The New Product Assurance Hammer-head training program focuses on a science of telco product development that will revolutionize the way you approach the most challenging and most critical of telco functions. Success in telecoms depends now more than ever on the ability of your organization to develop new and innovative products, promotions, and pricing plans quickly and effectively.
New Product and Promotion Assurance is the art and science involved in harnessing the power of marketing, getting control of new technologies, and bringing these together in the design of commercialized products that are saleable, marketable and profitable.
Successful telecoms have been quietly applying Product Assurance principles for years, sometimes without fully understanding how or why. Whether they realized it or not, the reason these companies had such successful and reliable revenue streams and product launches was because they were able to take revenue management principles and knowledge and apply them to other departments like billing, network, and interconnect.
This 3-Day Hammer-Head program is about injecting a new perspective into the strategic planning DNA of the telco organization. You will hear about how a fundamental shift in perspective can create a huge shift in market advantage, based on innovative new revenue-based approaches.
Who Should Attend?
- The new product development team
- Marketing personnel
- Professionals involved with strategic planning from promotions and pricing model design
- Professionals involved in promotion and bundle development
Student Will Learn:
- How to recognize, create, and manipulate the UPICC© (utility, pervasiveness, imagineering, capacity, and connectivity) value creation vector set and apply these methods in order to better assess your programs and guarantee repeatable success in new product development.
- The principle controls of commercialization and how to use them to increase speed and reduce risk.
- The truth about first market advantage, when it applies and how to develop second market advantage strategies
- Alternative subsidy pricing models utilized by most telecoms today, how they are designed, what they accomplish, and how to use them effectively (bundling, invisible margins, subsidies, cross-margin swaps, free samples, cross-sell and up-sell, loss leader).
- Techniques to make the new product development process faster, more efficient, more profitable, and more secure using techniques perfected over fifty years in telecoms.
- Product family engineering, a process utilized by high-tech companies around the world to leverage infrastructure and value for maximum margin.